FREE FOR STUDENTS! We have been allowed 10 FREE SLOTS for this half-day workshop here at McWherter Library!
The Basics of 3D printing course is designed for an entry level audience who wishes to know more about the functionality of 3D printing technology. 3D printing (or additive manufacturing) technology is rapidly becoming an integral part of many industries, and over the next decade will be a major source of new careers for students today. The Basics of 3D Printing course is a 1 day workshop developed in partnership with University of Memphis Libraries that provides the following skills to attendees:
- Basic familiarity with 3D printing technology, including functionality and types of printers
- Basic familiarity with CAD platforms
- Exposure to iterative design and rapid prototyping concepts
- Knowledge of types of printers used for different size jobs
- Basics of material types used in 3D printing
Attendees will receive a certificate for their work, as well as a printed sample deigned by you (that will be mailed to you at a later date).